These municipalities that lower your property tax if you renovate your home

These municipalities that lower your property tax if you renovate your home

Energy renovation is not only synonymous with heavy work accompanied by significant expenditure. It can also earn you money. About 453 municipalities have voted a total or partial exemption from property tax over a period of 3 years for owners of a detached house or a condominium apartment who have carried out energy renovation work, according to The Parisian . “This year, the measure benefited 10,185 locals», Specifies the General Directorate of Public Finance (DGFiP).

To have the complete list of the municipalities which voted for this tax boost, it is the cross and the banner. “There is no official list on this subject as far as we know.“, declares the National Agency for Information on Housing (Anil) to the Figaro. However, Anil delivers to Figaro a list of 13 municipalities: Signy-le-Petit, Rimogne, Prix-lès-Mézières, Gespunsart, Damouzy, Charleville-Mézières and Aiglemont, in the Ardennes (08), Lambesc in the Bouches-du-Rhône (13), Gières , Fontaine and Eybens in Isère (38), Breuillet and Massy, ​​in Essonne (91). To find out if your municipality offers a reduction in property tax, it is best to contact your town hall or your tax office.

In Massy, ​​owner-occupiers of housing completed before January 1, 1989 who have carried out major work, benefit from a partial exemption from property tax of 50%. The average impact for a household is 575 € / year for 3 years, according to the finance department of the town hall of Massy. In Roubaix, in the North (59), the offer benefits both landlords and owner-occupiers.

More than €10,000 of minimum work

To benefit from this discount, several conditions must be met. First of all, the old dwelling in question must have been built before January 1, 1989. Then, it is necessary to have spent more than 10,000 € including tax on equipment per dwelling to achieve energy savings during the year preceding the first year of application of the exemption or a sum greater than €15,000 per dwelling during the three years preceding the application of the exemption.

The eligible works are identical to those used for the income tax credit for the energy transition (CITE). Mention may be made of heating or domestic hot water supply equipment running on wood or other biomass or thermal solar energy, for example, or heat pumps other than air/air or equipment for connection to a heating network. . Please note, however, that you have to wait 10 years before applying for a new exemption.

Read Original Source Here…

Scroll to Top