One of the oldest and most luxurious establishments in Europe, the Hotel De L’Europe, located in the beautiful Dutch city of Amsterdam, has turned 125 years old, although its history goes back a long time, to 1638, in what was then a inn called Het Rondeel, on the city walls. The hotel opened with its current name in 1896 with only 50 comfortable rooms, it was one of the most modern and luxurious of the time, as it had an elevator, central heating, gas and electricity, it also had a bathroom and toilet on each floor, and had a dining room and a cafeteria on the Amstel river.
With the passage of time and various owners, the hotel was expanded and remodeled, achieving its current 97 rooms (48 of them suites) and 6 penthouses. Its location on the canals makes it one of the most desirable accommodations in the city, not forgetting its four restaurants: from the two-Michelin-star Flore restaurant, to the Marie brasserie, the Italian dishes at Trattoria Graziella, and the elegant informal restaurant at Freddy’s Bar, named after Freddy Heineken, whose private art collection has served to decorate much of the interior. There is also a cigar lounge with a cigar cellar, as well as a gym with an indoor heated pool and a spa with luxury treatments.
Once in life
The celebrations of its 125th anniversary took place between 2021 and 2022, but today the opportunity to enjoy what is surely the most luxurious and extravagant experience in the world to celebrate this event is still offered. With this catchphrase: “Are you brave enough to explore your wildest dreams?” Anyone who has, and wants to pay, 1.25 million euros is encouraged to reserve the hotel exclusively, through the “once in a lifetime” experience, and only until June 30, 2023.
The package includes a two-night stay with all rooms reserved exclusively for the guest and his 212 guests. Deluxe breakfast in your room or in the Marie brasserie. Dinner for all in the four restaurants of the hotel, and the celebration of a party that includes cultural shows and entertainment with incredible food. And of course access to the spa and wellness center, Le Spa by Skins Institute.
In addition to the above, the package features a collection of unique experiences and gifts, made by the hotel’s creative partners, located at t’Huys, where icons of art, style and luxury mingle:
- The main guest suite will be transformed into a paradise known as the Garden of Eden, created by The Wunderkammer, which will fill it with flowers during the stay.
- An exclusive Bibi van der Velden tulip ring of sapphires, diamonds, rubies and emeralds, inspired by the Dutch masters.
- A beautiful haute couture dress from RVDK, one of the most sustainable and ethical brands on the planet.
- The opportunity to create a personal Salle Privée fragrance to take home.
- Free access to the internal spa of the Hotel De L’Europe, Le Spa by Skins Institute, for a whole year.
- Danie Bles, stylist and creative director of Amsterdam Fashion Week, will host a workshop and lunch for up to 10 guests, as well as gift a vintage fashion piece to each of the guests.
- A rare, almost collector’s bottle of Bowmore’s single malt Scotch.
- A collector’s item Ferrari Art incredibly rare, obtained from Mendo that evokes the 12-cylinder engine.
- If the buyer is female, they will receive five tickets to the highly exclusive Harper’s Bazaar Business Club, which includes free access to five meetings.
- Valerie van der Werff, the magazine’s former lifestyle director Vogue Livingwill offer a rebranding for the client’s company if any.
- A private D/Dock workshop on the Aesthetics of Uncertainty.
- A collection of original artwork from The Ravestijn Gallery.
And for those who cannot afford the astronomical figure, there are two cheaper options: a five-day package for two at 12,500 euros and a single immersive day in the city for 1,205 euros.