Dhe Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyj has again complained about problems with the bomb shelters in the capital in view of the constant Russian rocket and drone attacks on Kiev. Citizens complained that there were too few bunkers and that some were locked, Zelenskyj criticized in his evening video message on Friday. In some parts of the city there are no emergency shelters. In the past few nights, air alerts have been repeatedly triggered in Ukraine.
“This level of negligence in the city cannot be covered by any justifications,” said Zelenskyy. He instructed the government to take action to improve the situation. After everything that happened before in Kiev, this state of affairs is intolerable. On Thursday, some people in the capital had stood in front of a locked bunker during the night air raid, three of them died as a result of the Russian attacks, including a nine-year-old child.
Selenskyj had already demanded that a sufficient number of bunkers must be accessible everywhere. It is the duty of the municipalities to ensure that the shelters are open around the clock. In Kiev, Mayor Vitali Klitschko ordered the opening of the bunker and controls after the breakdown on Thursday. According to Zelenskyj, however, there were new problems.
Wagner boss: 99 percent of troops withdrawn from Bachmut
The Russian private army Wagner has almost completed its announced withdrawal from the captured eastern Ukrainian city of Bakhmut, according to its chief Yevgeny Prigozhin. Prigozhin announced on Friday evening that 99 percent of the units had left the city. “All positions have been handed over to the (Russian) Ministry of Defense in the appropriate order.” There have also been no more “provocations” by the Ukrainian armed forces, said Prigozhin.